Things to do at Fisher’s Resort
In addition to great fishing…. swimming and Kayaking are usual activities at Fisher’s… We offer 2 kayaks for use and have a couple of swimming areas with swim pads. The beach areas have sandy shoreline for kids to play. Children often enjoy walking the shoreline looking for treasures or casting a line into the harbor. We also have a small playground, volleyball net, horseshoes, beanbag boards, and 35 acres to roam! Go for a walk and take in a sunset!
Looking for other activities?
Our area has plenty of options including…
- Visiting the local beach called “The Hogs Back” is fun for a hot summer day. The beach is located on the north end of Mille Lacs. You can anchor there and enjoy the expansive beach area via boat, or drive a short 3 miles by vehicle. The beach offers a great gradual drop off. Kite boarding is a popular activity as well when weather allows
- Golfing.. Our area is home to several great courses
- State parks for hiking and biking / Area bike trails
- Cuyuna (Crosby area) offers world renowned bike trails for advanced and novice riders.
- Crosby also is home to a mine pit where you can enjoy the scenery, go diving or fish for trout.
- ATV trails are abundant if you are looking to do some riding in the area. You can also rent ATV’s in Isle.
- Paul Bunyan Land is 25 minutes away and is fun for little ones.
- Take a hike and look for the popular albino deer in Father Hennepin State Park. The park also provides other activities.
- Canoeing in Kathio State Park.
- Horseback riding
- Gun clubs with indoor and outdoor ranges for shooting or archery
- Pheasant farms
- If you have not visited Duluth before it is always an option for a day trip from our resort. It’s an easy drive only taking 1 hour and 20 min, but there are multiple things to do to fill a day including… Lake Superior fishing charters, Lake Superior tours, shipwatching, Lake Superior Zoo and Glensheen mansion, just to name a few…
- Check out our “Fishing Page” to access the link for other area lakes. These lakes hold abundant panfish and largemouth amongst other species. If you would like to try your hand at a smaller lake, we would be happy to fill you in on what to expect at each one. We have s large collective group of lakes within 20 minutes of here. Take your pick!
Fall is a beautiful time to come to our area. We hold many hardwood trees that offer spectacular colors. We are also surrounded by thousands of acres of public state land in case you are looking to hunt Deer, Grouse, Ducks and other game.
If you are looking for shopping in the local area, you have a few choices…
- Malmo– (1/2 mile) 2 Convenience stores/ gas stations, liquor and restaurants
- Isle/ Wahkon–(14-16 minutes) Offers small shops, groceries and restaurants
- Aitkin–(20 minutes) gift shops, thrift stores, groceries and restaurants.
- Crosby–(30 minutes) antique/gift shops, groceries and restaurants
- Brainerd–(45 minutes) Large chain stores, groceries, restaurants
We do not offer dining at our resort, however you will be able to find dining a stones throw away. Options include…
- Sunrise Café (1/2 mile north)
- Castaways Bar and Grill (1/4 mile north)
- Agate Bay (3 miles south)
- Hunters Point (6 miles south)
You will find many other food options within 15 minutes of our property.
Drop in to the office and pick up a “Fun Guide” to check out current events and feel free to ask any questions so we can try to point you in the right direction!